Life is Belief & Struggle - Ahmed Shawqi

Monday, June 3, 2013

I feel like I woke up on the planet Mars.



A senior Toronto Star journalist actually wrote a column demanding an immigration freeze.  

I had to read it three times, and then,  pinch myself.  

For a long time, I have been looking for a compelling case for continuing to accept immigrants into this country, but with all the new realities brought on by globalization, outsourcing and high unemployment; the old boiler-plate positive gains immigrants traditionally brought to this country are no longer offset but the cost of their assimilation. Canada now is a very diverse place, and quite frankly, we need to tend and nurture our own garden. 

And if we don’t, we are in real danger of ending with with Swedish Nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment